
Sometimes I'll tell my dad the temperature outside, and he likes to compete with me about it. I'll say,' it was 118 today'. And he'll say, 'well it was 100 here today, that's not that different'. Uh. Excuse me?
Can you see my windows? This is what it looks like here in the mornings. It looks like rain. But newsflash. It's not. That is humidity (condensation) on the outside of the windows.
When the weather channel report looks like this:
Todays weather: 118, humidity 80%, feels like 142.
You know things are BAD. (can you imagine 142? I prefer not to think about it)
It's getting much better though. It's only like 108 and most days the humidity is bearable now. People say that from mid October to May will be lovely. Like San Diego temps. Well I certainly hope so. I'll let you know. For now though, whew! It's hot.
4 comments:
Oh man... that is crazy! Now I am thinking Texas isn't so bad! Miss ya and love reading your posts. Can't wait to hear about all your "adventures!" :)
Yeah, we hear all the time here "it's 114, but it's a dry heat!" which I do appreciate, but seriously can't we just call anything past 100 stinkin hot? I'm to the point where I can't tell the difference between 105 and 115.
Okay - I can totally understand the humidity thing coming from Minnesota(only where you are is probably soooo extreme). It feels WAY WAY hotter with humidity tacked on top of the already high temp. You feel like you are drinking the air! Ahh the wonderful bliss of Utah's dry heat...:) I feel for you sister!
alright, you win. I'll stop complaining about the 104 weather we still have here, at least it's dry, right!
Post a Comment