Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brave Roo

Roo had water day at school the other day. It was actually called Rainbow Day, but when I say that people think it sounds like more a human rights day. It was a party of colors. Anyway, it was a get all wet and play in the sand kind of day. So here she is: Tada!


Roo came down stairs the other day, hands on hips, serious as can be, and says: "There is a gecko in my bed!" Now, I don't mind the lizards here, but I prefer them outside. And especially not in my bed. Is that too much to ask? And I only prefer them out because they startle me. And I don't like to be startled. I'm pretty sure if I had found one in my bed, I would have been much crazier than Roo, though. And I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted to get IN my bed. EeeeK!

At any rate, I sent the big boys up to get it. And about a minute later they had it in their 'hunting net' and took it outside for me. How do they catcht them? I swear. Below is a picture of "George." Or so my kids have named him. He's easy to spot because his tail has been cut off so many times, it has rings where it's grown back. They always sit around the lights in the evenings because it's warm there. (I think they didn't get the memo: It's warm everywhere here!)

FYI, I saw one in the house earlier tonight, and now I don't know where it is. See? That's what I don't like. I'll find it by it skittering across the floor at 1 a.m. I don't like that.

3 comments:

Thomas and Mandi said...

Oh man... I would NOT handle that well! Can I tell you how much I love reading your blog??? I mean I always have, but I love reading about your adventures across the world! Miss you!

Tiffany said...

Here's a plan for you - don't be wandering around the house at 1 am. Also - that is an UGLY lizard. Seriously. The tail thing is just creepy.

Stacey said...

I would have been freaking out! There was one in my bathroom and I went crazy screaming, but you know me. Lucky Roo to have brothers and you, she'll be a cool mom like you one day, but sheesh in your bed and so calm, that's pretty cool!