Thursday, January 8, 2009

To Whom it May Concern: The Bugs

Dear Bugs of Summer,

Oh, how I miss you. I love to hear you buzz through the yard. I love to hear my kids yell, "Mom! Look! A dragonfly!"

I love to hear the crickets chirp enthusiastically through the hot nights of summer.

I love to hear the sound of fat bumble bees lapping up the delicious nectar in my brightly colored flower patch.

I don't love so much, the sight of you creepy crawly spiders doing your busy "work." ie; eating all of the other bugs. But, if you must - you must.

I miss the warm canyon winds blowing out from the hills, making my fruit trees dance. And dutifully blowing away the mosquitoes...usually.

I hope you are enjoying your nestled slumbers, while the rest of us brave the cold.





The outside world looks like this.


You may have seen a glimpse here and there, but I am sure your snuggled up tight, getting ready to welcome spring in the months to come.


I hope you don't mind.


But with the thought of not being able to see you for so very long, I needed a momento.




A momento, called, you.


I know, don't feel sad.


My kids love it.


And think of how much they are learning by being able to see you all year round.


Think of it as an "educational sacrifice."



And I don't even mind, so much, that every time I open my freezer I have to move you out of the way.

You sweet little dragonfly, bumble bee and tarantuala
.

Hope you're okay in there.

Can't wait to see your brothers and sisters in a couple of months. I'm sure they miss you.

I'll tell them hello for you.


Thanks again,


Teresa




3 comments:

Thomas and Mandi said...

I just love reading your blog. LOVE IT! You make me laugh and bring a smile to my face everytime! Holli is getting married! My mom and her are coming into town in a couple of weeks to shop for wedding dresses. Let's get together and do lunch while she's here!

Amy said...

I loved this! I don't miss the spiders, ever, or the mosquitos, but I miss the smell of summertime. You know, wet bathing suits in the bathtub, fresh cut grass, stinky, sweaty kids, bbques. Aahh, I can't wait.

Julie said...

You are hillarious and so creative. Do you really keep these bugs and spiders in your freezer? Crazy girl!