Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Want to see my "party dishes?" You do?! Great. Me too.

I just love them.


I've been collecting them for years. Glass plates and little cups. I think they were big in the sixties and seventies. They have little dividing areas for your cup and some even have their own built in ash trays. Classy.

I have several different styles, but the circle pattern is my favorite. The stripes are cool, I also have plain oval, leaf shaped and a grape theme that are 'milk glass', and then just some random ones. I first ate off of these at a bridal shower in college. I loved them. Loved them. I had to have them. So my hunt began, and fifteen years later, I have about 40.

I love them for anything. Summer picnics, anything on a lap, and they're great for fondue. Collections are fun, aren't they? Biggest problem with collecting though, is knowing when to say when.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok, so I totally have a couple of these that you can have. Hmm. How to get them to you? Maile and I are working on a plan. More to come....
Oh-and my word verification was latedrog, weird.