Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Is it really true?  Better late than never?  If so, then this will be considered a "Better" post.  Because it's super late, but that is BETTER than never.  Right?  This is more for posterity than anything else.  These events did take place at our house, it has just taken me a LONG time to post any record of their occurrence.  So here you are.

ThanksgivingWith  hand colored Native Americans in wood and marker; we're very fancy around here.  And a few bottles of the old fake bubblie.  Rainbow jello and homemade rolls were the fav's of the day.  I think I'm going to start insisting on holidays that my family actually gets dressed for the meal.  Just because no one is coming over,  doesn't mean we can't get out of jammies, now does it!  (don't comment.  I hate spending the day in pajamas.  I know, I know.  Some of you just hit the delete button.  I just like to get dressed.  Then again....getting dressed to me is jeans and a t-shirt with a pony tail on most days.)
Winter Break.  Here's what ours looked like.


Scorpion hunting.  Pretty much every day.  I know.  YIKES!
I found these great felt window decorations in France.  I LOVE them.  They made the stocking window very Christmas-y and we all felt warm and cozy in our Middle Eastern winter.
Our nativity.  New jammies and dress up - that's what I call fun.
Chach got a Jambia (curved dagger, plastic) in his stocking.  It has been taken away countless times since.  He always finds it and always seems to get it taken away.  He must be exhausted from chasing his siblings around and fallen asleep in this photo.
Lot's of snuggling during Christmas break.



What's the holiday season without FONDUE!  We had the adult Branch Social at our house, a fondue party.  Very fun.  Then our family enjoyed it for New Year's as well.  Do you LOVE the CELEBRATE banner in the background?  My lovely friend Aimee (Sistes Wonka) sent it in a package all the way over here for me.  I use it for everything.  Believe me; you need one.
I taught the boys to make a quilt over the break.  Remember how the father of Sam's friend died right before Christmas?  We wanted to make something for her to  feel loved; so the boys and I made her a quilt.  (I also made her a bonnet and apron - she LOVES Little House on the Prairie)   We actually had a really nice time doing this and the girl loved it.  It's activities like this that make me want to home school.  Then I get slapped in the face and wake up.  Haha.
     These photo's are from our Primary Nativity.  All the kids looked so cute, but I haven't asked parents if I could post, so you're just getting mine. 

I really enjoy the kids being home for breaks.  There is always a little rough patch at the beginning, but things shake themselves out and we have a wonderful time.  (most days)  It's fun here because this is the time of year that the weather is perfect and the kids can play outside all day.  During Christmas; it's great.

Anyway.  We made snow globes, and colored a giant picture of a rain forest.  We baked, watched movies, went for walks and enjoyed each other.  (through in a few fights, some yelling from mom, sprinkle a couple of groundings on top and that's pretty much the gist of things.)  Sorry about the confusion to the system.  Easter and Christmas posts should NOT be in the same month.  Oh well.  Such is life around here.  As people tell you when you move over here, "This is a logic free zone.  Don't try to understand why anything happens."  So join in and embrace the logic free life; don't try to fight it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can't even comment on this. Too long ago. I'm in spring mode now. Although Si's hat in the Primary nativity was awesome.