44 nations
330 kids aged 4 to 11

A piece of every national anthem was played for a short time. Some countries only had one child, others many, many. America had a good amount, but I think India may have had the most. Mexico only had one child, I told his mom, a friend of mine and the only Mexican's here - he may as well just go with the U.S., we're practically the same place now day's anyway. (It's a JOKE! - and she laughed)
Each nation had to wear their countries traditional clothing. Us? We all wore some kind of red, white and blue. My kids wore jeans, Sam with his cub scout uniform, Si with his white shirt, bandana and indian head dress, and Roo (it's hanging off her head in this picture) wore her Micky Mouse ears from Disneyland. Becuase, as I told the kids - "What's more American than Disneyland?!"
We are quite a mix here and it was so fantastic to be a part of this. My kids are having the most amazing experience. My heart did truly swell when our national anthem was played, I sang along and may have even been a bit teary. No matter your political views, I will tell you something, our worst day in the U.S. is better than any other country on their good day. We truly live in a blessed land. We have everything, which is why I am learning how and why we are so disliked in so much of the world.
Each nation had to wear their countries traditional clothing. Us? We all wore some kind of red, white and blue. My kids wore jeans, Sam with his cub scout uniform, Si with his white shirt, bandana and indian head dress, and Roo (it's hanging off her head in this picture) wore her Micky Mouse ears from Disneyland. Becuase, as I told the kids - "What's more American than Disneyland?!"
We are quite a mix here and it was so fantastic to be a part of this. My kids are having the most amazing experience. My heart did truly swell when our national anthem was played, I sang along and may have even been a bit teary. No matter your political views, I will tell you something, our worst day in the U.S. is better than any other country on their good day. We truly live in a blessed land. We have everything, which is why I am learning how and why we are so disliked in so much of the world. So my message on International Day here, while many of my surrounding countires are in national turmoil - take care of what you have. The United States is truly the greatest country in the world. We have got to protect what we have, cherish and take care of it. The freedoms we enjoy and they beauty of the land, these are fragile. I feel like so much of our time is spent pointing out the bad things of the nation. Let's celebrate the good things of America. Take a good look around this world, and you'll find that you have so much to be grateful for, that perhaps all we complain about won't seem so important.
Now if only we could get this kind of deal...
The leader of this nation is to return here, to his home on, Saturday. He's been away in the hospital having surgery. Guess what!!???? National Day OFF! No school or work for anybody! (well, if you have to work, as some will - you get paid over time) Nice deal, eh? Wait! "Eh" isn't American!
3 comments:
Looks great! I am proud to be an American where at least I know i'm free and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me and I'll gladly stand up...and hope Christina Aguilara doesn't mess up the national anthem again, oh wait she won't get another chance. Wow, that was a ramble comment! Miss ya, thanks for sharing! When are you coming back to the land of the free and for how long? Email me
Good work on practicing your Canadian! I felt a bit patriotic reading your post, and that was after almost a full episode of fear-mongering by Rich's favorite blowhard! :)
It's a great reminder how lucky we are to live in this country. We are all so blessed!
Post a Comment