Friday, December 4, 2009

You've Got Mail

I have so very many good posts locked up in my head, unable to find the time to really share. I'm sure you all do to. But I saved this several weeks ago to blog about, and now have 2.2 seconds to write a little diddy.

Many years ago Simon was in a shopping cart accident. Sounds exciting, huh? Like there were races through isles, screaching shopping cart wheels and the like. Nope. The cart fell over while parked, him inside, due to a missing wheel. The carts were brand new, with a solid surface covering the wheel area. (I tell you this so that you won't think my husband is a total idiot for putting two kids in a cart with only three wheels - and while most of us mothers would have gotten them in, rocked it a bit and realized "this will never do", he did not and headed for the slip and slide isle anyway.) At any rate, the cart tipped and fell into sharp metal shelving, Simons face being dragged along each one until they hit the ground. Traumatic. I know.

Long story short; lots of tears, Peter rushing around to find help, plenty of blood, and me coming home from girls camp to a ringing telephone telling me Si was being stitched up. Having that happen to your 18 mos. old was plenty traumatic for me. In the process of all of this, we went to a plastic surgeon. Someone that we knew from church. He was great and said to 'fix' the scars would be A LOT of trouble, so living with them is the best option. It's okay, they give his rubber little face even more character than he already had before.

Sooooo, on to the story. Simon got a piece of mail a while ago. Addressed to him. Inside was a card from Dr. Clayton, it says:

"Dr. James Clayton requests the pleasure of your company at our open house
"FALL INTO BEAUTY"
Learn about breast enhancement, body contouring, facial rejuvination,
botox and dermal fillers."

Because every six year old boy needs just this, new boobs and bigger lips. I laughed so hard I couldn't stand it.

There must be a way to filter out their mailing system. Don't you think?

"Hey Si. you got some mail"

"Mom. What's breast enhancment?"

Not really. I didn't give it to him. Becuase you know he would have read the whole thing and had to go to the medical book or something of the like. Yeah. Let's not encourage that quite yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, laughing my butt off!!! You sure your hubby and mine aren't related???

Amy said...

Oh my gosh you make me laugh! So funny I had to read it to Aaron!!