Friday, October 3, 2008

More Creepy for Cheapy!


I bought a dress from Value Village once. (okay, more than once - but I am talking about a specific time here) Peter and I were doing a lip synch and I needed a "formal." I found this great hand made prom dress from what I would say was the early seventies. It was sherbet green 'satin', with small, stiff polyester, white and yellow daisies cascading down the front. Now, I'm a big girl. No, I mean really, a big girl. So as I was checking out the cashier says to me, "You're really lucky. Formals this big go quick, you beat the guys looking for drag today." Hmm.




"More creepy for cheapy." Remember these Value Village thrift store Halloween comercials? Loved them. This memory was prompted by my sisters blog, enjoy her funny personality at http://mcmink.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Amy said...

I love that the guy said that to you. I'm amazed so many people make it thru life without being punched in the nose on a consistent basis. It's so fun to hear all these stories!

collette said...

Oh my gosh... people say the most stupid things sometimes. I was buying a basketball hoop once from WallyMart. It was big and bulky and heavy, and the checked said to me, "Your husband should be buying this, not you. Where is he?" UH...what does a WIDOW say to that???