The airlines wouldn't let us buy a ticket for Giddie. You have to put the age of the child in, and then it charges you for the age of the child. We discovered this two days before we left, we went to the KLM office and they told us 'sorry', you'll just have to put him in the bassinet. What?! Or we could buy a new ticket, now costing 1500.00$. (they cost just over 400.00 when we bought them) So, Gid sat on my lap for a good portion of the 1:30 a.m. flight. Finally I made him a bed on the floor, under the bassinet (which is totally for infants, BTW - not a giant big baby). I hung blankets from the bassinet, put blankets and a little pillow on the ground, and layed him down. There was some serious screaming, but in the end, he slept and so did I. For a few hours anyway.
Simon did his usual over tired puking, just three or four rounds. (sigh) But really, for the most part, it wasn't too bad. We were ready to get here and had a lot to look forward to. So it was bearable. (Please excuse all spelling and grammar errors, I just want to get this out while I have a second) We arrived in Paris at 8:30 a.m., rented a big van just like last years, and were on our way out to Saint Germain, and suburb of Paris. We have a great house. It's perfect for us. Four bedrooms, two baths, built in 2002; so it's nice a new in comparison to most of France. But still has all the charm of Europe. It really is gorgeous.
Our first evening Peter won the most awesome driver award. He drove all seven of us into Paris. Yes. The heart of Paris, France. Right to the Champs de Elyssee's, or however you spell that. The most famous round about in the world. Where 12 roads converge and circle the Arc de Triumph. It was so fun. Paris with a car is a whole new world. This is my third time in this city, and it hasn't been my favorite. But I am loving it this time. It was so fun to people watch and see and the fancy people out and about. I am also loving being in the outskirts and living amongst the French. Much like how we enjoyed Belguim, we are experiencing life here. Not just tourist experiences here, but real life here.
The grocery stores are SO beautiful. I'm not sure if it's the packaging of the food. Maybe how fresh everything is. Maybe it's the huge variety and selection. All I know is that it's dreamy. Shopping for our family is a pleasure where everything is so nice. Aaaaaah.
Gotta go. On a side note, here are two quotes from yesterday. Most of the day spent in Paris itself. Taking five kids on the Metro and all over the place isn't as easy at it seems. (haha) At one point Peter says to me, "I think I'm going to take up swearing!" And on the way home Ruby said to me, "Well. I know where I'm going on my honeymoon." "Where's that, Roo" I say. "PARIS!", she squealed.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted. I miss you, and I miss reading about your life. How are you? I called you back about that favor, but then I forgot about it. Did I get taken care of? Love you!
LOL! Roo cracks me up! I can't believe Peter drove in that mess! I broke out in a sweat just thinking about it! I can't wait to see pictures of your fam loving Paree!
She is a crackup! Sounds like your little diva though! And tell Peter it's a very nice relaxing habit, it has helped me through many a _ _ _ _ days!
Honeymoon in Paris? Ruby is my kind of girl :)
One day I will make it to Paris.. one day. I think if I keep telling myself it will happen.
btw.. remember those first dates I was going on when you were still here? Totally fb official boyfriend now ;) I mean he's really my boyfriend now.. but it's also fb official too lol
Post a Comment