Last week I got the inside of my house painted. That takes a lot out of a family, you know. In other words, it makes a mess and everyone is discombobulated.
I got a lot of nice muted colors throughout the house. It looks very nice.
The best part? I didn't have to do it. I paid 300.00 to have it done. Including three vaulted ceilings. (well, walls)
Things are funny here. I don't mind this, but when you hire people to work in your house, you are expected to feed them. Nothing fancy, but they work through their dinner time, so they need food.
In the U.S. if I told a painter their was food in the fridge, (rice and left over chicken) he'd be like, thanks but no thanks. Lot's of the things we eat are too rich for many people here. The first night I brought in traditional flat bread with labna (like cream cheese) and honey, as well as as egg and cheese on the flat bread. We had to go out he next evening. And the workers, two of them, did in fact eat the food in the fridge I had left for them. I was so happy to see this. I think about how food snobby I am. I can't even imagine eating a strangers left overs out of their fridge. But that's where me and the rest of the world differ. I've never been hungry enough to do this. These people are so happy to get what food they can. It just means more money to send home to their families.
So next time you throw out those left overs, think again. I'm not sure what to think. But think. It's not like you can pack them up and send them to India. But I guess be grateful for what you have. That you have left overs to throw out.
I'll show you pics of the house as soon as I get all the vinyl up. Let me tell you, that's a big job. Tiff! I need your help! Come on. Please? This is a two person job, and Peter isn't loving it.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures! I'm sure everything will look great - you have such great taste! Maybe you'll start a new trend there with the vinyl lettering:)
All right! I'll come! Truly I would love to visit. It sounds fascinating! But I'd love Paris more.
Post a Comment