Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week Three and a wedding

Week three of "our new life" I spent preparing for my brothers wedding.

I made the cake and did the flowers, which turned out lovely. Although, of course, I didn't get a picture because I could hardly stand up afterwards. Many, many thanks for my sister Minks and my mom for all their help. No way I could have done it without them.

The ceremony was SO nice. Blending two families doesn't sound easy, but I think Geoff and Cindy will be very happy. They seemed very excited.

The morning after - we had snow. And LOTS of it. It has been one of "those" late winter, early springs. Sun and warmth, followed by a ton of snow that melts by mid afternoon. I happen to LOVE when it's like this here.


We had ALL of my family here in town. Well, of course, except for Peter. We got some really nice family pics - again, minus Peter. But since I am nine months pregnant, I won't feel too bad not wanting to hang them around the house.

I didn't get many pictures, but one evening with my sister Krista's family, we took some.

Here are Krista and Chugger, he's wearing her glasses and lookin' good!


Here are the Walker and Tennis families, minus husbands. (Wallace is taking the picture)
We had a great time. Their wedding was perfect. Short and sweet, with a fantastic lunch at Tucanos afterward. Oh, mama. I was in heaven. Although, being this pregnant squashes my stomach and I can't pack it away like I would like to. Oh, well. There's always next time. My boys were in heaven. All you can eat - mmmmm.


No comments: