Sunday, January 3, 2010

Shopping til I'm dropping

I really am writing a "new years" kind of post. Really. I have been for quite a while now. So, someday I'll post it. Someday. It's interesting - I guess.

But for now I'll tell you about my weekend with my friend Tiff.

She was going to come and bring the whole fam on New Years Eve, spend the weekend, see the lights at Temple Square and shop. But schedules and weather weren't in favor of this - so they had to bag it. About 2 pm on the 31st Tiff called and said she's comin' alone! She had to get out of her house. Eight days of company and two weeks of winter break were enough for her!

Here's what we did:

Shop, laugh, shop, eat, shop, shop,eat, laugh and shop some more.

Now normally, I'm not a big shopper. Okay - never am I one. But I was all too happy to tag along as Peter happily volunteered to watch the kids for the better part of two days while Tiff and I ran around. It was a MUCH needed mini vacation for me as well.

Tai Pan Trading
In and Out Burger
Taiwan Imports (closed - holiday)
Gardener Village (closed - holiday)
Another Tai Pan
Ikea
Thai Chili Garden
Floral Wholesaler
Sweet Tooth Fairy
Quilted Bear
(a dump at the D.I.)
McDonalds (for the kids)
Roberts Crafts
Cafe Rio
DownEast Home Outlet
American Quilting
The Bosch Store
Nordstrom

Now seriously. If this is not serious shopping, I don't know what is. This has to be the most I have been out of the house for the entire year combined! You would have been proud. (I need to get out more) I'll have you know I bought exactly three things: two plastic containers and a toilet brush from Ikea, totaling 11 dollars. Wait. Not true, I bought a hair bow to copy from Quilted Bear. When I'm not too lazy to download, I'll show you. It's cute. We had a little craft night recreating the flower clips to our liking. Fun. (When I show you what I bought myself for Christmas, you'll know why I had to penny pinch the whole time. I've spent my fun money for the year.)

Tiff also met TAMN. If you don't know TAMN, go here. You'll love her. It's SOOOOO funny. Make sure you talk in your best Valley Girl accent and don't forget that TAMN is not real. If you forget this fact, her blog can be quite disturbing - as it is too close to life. (haha) Anywho, we stayed up WAY too late every night, and then Tiff had to get her fill of TAMN. Lot's of laughing here too.

So there you have it. Fun for all. Well, at least Tiff and I. Not so sure her husband Rich or my Peter had such a fun time...but we did!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Holy CRAP that was a list! I bet we lost 5 pounds from all that shopping! The fourth cupcake may have done us in though... That was so, so fun. Thanks again!

Tiffany said...

So I came home to no bread, no milk, no cheese and no cereal. If he didn't want me to go to SLC, he should have just said so! Sheesh!!!

Amy said...

If you posted to make me jealous, well done. That sounds like so much fun! Whilst here I sit with seven kids and a dog. Could my life get any better?

Stacey said...

I can't believe you shopped so much. I knew you had it in you! And the fun of reading TAMN, I haven't seen her in a LONg time!