Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Solomon is Seven!!!

Oh my goodness!  I cannot believe that Solomon is SEVEN!!  He turned seven all the way back in January, and I am a good mom - and thought I would write about it here.  Since I haven't written much at all in the last few years, I can try to do some catch up - right???

Anyway.  We just love this boy!  And he is nothing but BOY!  He loves all action and adventure.  If there is a LEGO involved, he will be there.  If there is running, jumping, karate chopping, dressing like a ninja or knight, cowboy or combat - Solomon will be there!

Lego cake, anyone?  He picked out all the Lego guys he could find to make a crazy lego cake!



Solomon's best friend lives just down the street - Mitchell.  They adore each other.  They are like little bear cubs.  When they have been apart for a bit, they always have to run and hug each other.  Then wrestle around.  He would love Mitchell to be his brother - which I think is funny because, well, Sol already have three brothers of his own!  But Mitchell has none, and they really do love each other.


Breakfast in bed for this guy!  Look out world, Mr. Enthusiastic is on his way!!!

Even the older kids are jealous of Sol and his amazing-ness!  He is good at everything he does.  He is really good in school, smart.  And very well behaved; his teacher told me she wished she could clone him and have an entire class of Solomon's.  (who wouldn't love that!?)  He is also super awesome at all sports or anything active.  All he has to do is give something a try, and bingo!  He's a super star at it!  We've all decided this kid is going far in life!

This year he has also begun to gain his own testimony of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  This has been so fun to watch come out in him.  He has been a tough little cookie to raise so far, and still is!  But he is still my most tender child as well.  He has to be cuddled and snuggled more than anyone else.  He is happier than any of my other kids, and on a dime can be the saddest, whiniest, least content.  But he has begun to recognize the spirit in his life and develop a love for the gospel.  He just told me today how when he sings primary songs he feels happy and warm.  Me too, Chach.

At seven Sol loves to play the Wii, more than any other human I think.  You may recall from posts years ago, this kid came out wanting to play video games.  He is only allowed to play on weekends, and only for a few hours,  But he talks like he plays 24/7.  Imagine if he did! Yikes!

He likes to read, but prefers action books filled with super heroes and/or lego junk.  (Ninjago or Chima - heaven help me!) He's got big wonky front teeth and more often than not, crazy hair.  He is particular about how he ties his shoes, and changes his clothes several times a day.  He LOVES Tiger scouts and can't wait each week to go.  He loves his family, but especially, 'his baby' - Giddie. (remember that Gid is 5 right now.  baby?)  They still love each other to death.  They cuddle, wrestle, play, tease, giggle, run all day.  They truly are best little friends.  Sol has friends out of the family for sure, but when push comes to shove, he loves playing with Gid more than anything.  I love that they still love each other.

Seven is a great age!  Full of hugs and snuggles.  Eight is exciting.  It's when growing up really starts.  But for this mom, I'll take seven forever.  I am still the brightest star in Sol's sky, he thinks I hung the moon.  And the feeling is mutual.  I love him so very much.

No comments: