So Monday, for Family Home Evening, we told the kids we were going on a picnic and got them in the car, which had been loaded up prior to them getting in. As they were getting settled, Simon said, "why are there suitcases in here?" And the fun began. It was 5:00 in the afternoon and we were headed for DISNEYLAND!!!
It took an overnight stay by the nicest people ever, who let us stay at their place in St. George, to get us there. But we made it and had a wonderful time.
Anticipation...

This was Roo's big treat. Face painting, fancy new ears, and a WHOLE lot of Polly Pocket Disney Princess packs.

If you don't know Chugs - he IS Stitch. We couldn't resist this hat. He wore it everyday and never too it off. He'd yell at anyone who touched it. AND he ran around like a crazy two year old without a nap for three days. It was perfect. Everybody commented on it. We told them, "It's not a hat. He IS Stitch."

The big boys got light sabers that lit up and made noise, which meant of course, so did Stitch. And believe me when I tell you, people risked their lives walking by us. He held it straight out in front of him and tried to hit anyone/thing within striking distance. Somehow, it has seemed to disappear since we've been home....hmmm.

The boys did "Jedi Training" and were pulled out of the audience to participate. Definitely their favorite part of the trip. Here's Si at the Tiki Room. Who doesn't love this place? (Don't answer that!)

Saturday morning we went to Huntington Beach. Samuel could live there. He LOVES the water. Good thing, as we will soon be living AT THE BEACH!

Roo was picked out of the audience TWICE in the same show, two different girls, to get up and dance with the High School Musical clan. Yes. I know. Anyone that know's me knows that I was being very generous to even let her see it - let alone dance with them. She LOVED it, of course!

Stitch did NOT like meeting his twin!

This was Roo's big treat. Face painting, fancy new ears, and a WHOLE lot of Polly Pocket Disney Princess packs.
If you don't know Chugs - he IS Stitch. We couldn't resist this hat. He wore it everyday and never too it off. He'd yell at anyone who touched it. AND he ran around like a crazy two year old without a nap for three days. It was perfect. Everybody commented on it. We told them, "It's not a hat. He IS Stitch."
The big boys got light sabers that lit up and made noise, which meant of course, so did Stitch. And believe me when I tell you, people risked their lives walking by us. He held it straight out in front of him and tried to hit anyone/thing within striking distance. Somehow, it has seemed to disappear since we've been home....hmmm.
The boys did "Jedi Training" and were pulled out of the audience to participate. Definitely their favorite part of the trip. Here's Si at the Tiki Room. Who doesn't love this place? (Don't answer that!)
Saturday morning we went to Huntington Beach. Samuel could live there. He LOVES the water. Good thing, as we will soon be living AT THE BEACH!
Roo was picked out of the audience TWICE in the same show, two different girls, to get up and dance with the High School Musical clan. Yes. I know. Anyone that know's me knows that I was being very generous to even let her see it - let alone dance with them. She LOVED it, of course!
Stitch did NOT like meeting his twin!
The end of one of our very exhausting/wonderful days!
We feel very blessed to have been able to do this for the kids. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. We were also able to see my sister Krista and her daughter Kate, who were there for a cheer competition. It was so nice to see them!
On a side note, going to Disneyland 31 weeks pregnant isn't exactly exciting. But since my whole family is either little, or ride wimps - at least I didn't feel too bad. But next time; look out!! I LOVE all the fun rides, and I will be forcing my kids on them with me!
3 comments:
I love, love, love Disneyland!! I'm so glad you guys got to do something fun before Peter left. We are coming. I'm thinking not this weekend, but the weekend after that? I have to nail down the dates with Maile and Jeff (for getting time off) and then I will call you. we both are super excited about it!!!
yay! what a fun surprise! Roo looks so happy ! I want to see you before you go away! Love and miss you!
Ride wimps? Take it back. Take it back!
Post a Comment