Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunday Best?

It's official.

Seriously. I know it's bad, but true.

I think I'm going to have to start wearing make-up. *gasp*

I've wondered for many years now, "when am I going to have to start wearing make-up? Like HAVE to?" See, I don't like it. I don't wear it. And I think I look okay without it.

But sitting in Relief Society this last weekend, looking around, I noticed something. I noticed how nice the ladies in my ward look. Only a few are what I would consider over the top. Most wear just enough make-up, they wear a little jewlery, and look really nice. As I was noticing this, I thought, "I don't think I look this nice."

And then I took note of those who, like me, choose to not wear make-up or jewlery. And. The sad truth is. They looked pret-ty bad. I mean really. I thought, "well, at least I don't look like that."

But friends. I think I may be kidding myself. I think the time has come. If I don't want to be 'one of them' - I think a little more effort is going to have to come forward out of yours truly. But see, I hate how when I kiss my kids with lip stick on - it get's on them. Or when I rub my eyes, I have black eyes. Or how my kids pull at any necklace I wear, or Ruby wants to wear anything I put on. Really. It makes me crazy.

So now what?

I think it's time to buck up. I'm 35 and starting to look like the ward weird-o. So. I am hereby making a new effort. I may even try to get in the shower before 8:40, making it into church by 8:59. That may help, huh?

So, it's out there. I'm going to try to look nicer.

Any tips?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Start simple. Some tinted moisturizer. Sheer eye shadow and lip gloss. Mascara. If I remember right, you have really long eyelashes. So mascara will do a ton for you. You really don't need much to look "done up".

vwbabe said...

You crack me up. You know if you start wearing makeup, that might mean that I have to start. Matt always says that I look more beautiful with out makeup, so I will go with that as long as I can.