Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spinklers

I fixed a broken sprinkler pipe last week, while the kids dug in the dirt next to me. I had to shoo them away a few times. You know, heavy fumes, power tools and the like. Nothing major. I also had to dig up and replace a broken head. Fun, fun. So, for your reading pleasure, here are a few tips:


Number ONE! Don't sniff the PVC glue. Whoa Nellie!


Use a dremmel, or a steak knife.




Don't bother with the 'tools' they say are for cutting. Junk!




Get all needed items BEFORE you begin.



Check for the exact size of the pieces needed, this way you only have to go to store once.






You're welcome.


You can thank me later.


Yes, all of the above were lessons learned. By me.


And now I can call myself a True Utahn; I can fix sprinklers. We're fully green and waistin' water. Ahhh. It's great to be a water pig.

In Washington you don't fix sprinklers.


You don't even have sprinklers.


Sprinklers are called RAIN, in Washington.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few heads that need replacing and some lines that need to be re-done after the demolition of the front yard, are you for hire? Clete claims to be busy....(sigh)...men.

maile said...

I am very impressed...and glad for once that I don't need a sprinkler system.